Sunday, August 17, 2008

Emirates department Go-Kart Challenge

Since Dubai is quite boring after sometime , I'd like to share with all of you my experience in the Dubai Autodrome g0-kart circuit . It was a Emirates company event and the track lay-out is as pictured above. Very nice smooth tarmac and professional track management by the marshals.

Around 20 people turn up for the event and we had a back to back race of 4 races , which includes 1 qualifying and 3 race (~20 mins each race) . Pretty hardcore especially if you have a bad back like me.

Had quite a fun time , especially knowing one of our new joiners Sally from UK is a speed demon ( taking the perfect lines , and accelerating so well)

This is my shy shy S.V.P. son who came to see the race.

My SVP , his kart has some technical failure which the brake lines snapped and he went on full speed to hit the tire barriers. Thank god he is alright or it will be a disastrous event.

This is me getting my medal and trophy for the fastest lap driver.

The two speed demon , Sally and I .

The podium winners for the event =).

This was during briefing time pre-race on the safety rules and flag definitions

This was pre-race with everyone suited up and ready to go


This is Hasnain , Martin and Jo .

More random pix =).

It was a blast , first time ever i went karting in Dubai and hope to do it again when the weather cools down more.

No comments: